These are predictions.
Please do not write any angry emails to anyone or make any celebratory phone calls to your friends as a result of these guesses.
With that said, here are five things the Gateway Sun could see happening in 2016:
– As a result of pressure from Gateway’s Board of Supervisors to reveal too much private financial information, the Gateway Soccer Association will relocate its program to another community.
– The three Gateway Charter schools will have a new Principal or Principals. The Current Principal (of all three schools) Sara Abraham will not be terminated from her position, but rather she will be promoted or transferred elsewhere within Charter Schools USA.
– GSCDD politics: Ed Tinkle will run the most expensive campaign ever for a seat on the Board of Supervisors of the Gateway Services Community Development District – and lose. Bonus prediction: At least one of the three current Supervisors who are up for re-election in November 2016 will not run again.
– The stand-alone restaurant that will be part of the new plaza (where the new Publix is going to be built) is going to be Bonefish Grill.
– Some time between May and August of 2016, an announcement will be made that assessments in Gateway will skyrocket. I predict an increase of at least 20% with the primary factor being the Lake Bank Restoration Project.